Alaska Divorce Records: How to Order Divorce Records In Alaska

Obtaining a divorce court record is simple process if you have the necessary information to locate the records. The Alaska Department of Health and Social Services is responsible for public records. All marriage records are sealed for 50 years.

Within the state of Alaska, marriage records are sealed for 50 years without a court order. If you need to request marriage records before then, you will need to provide adequate reasons and have these reasons verified before a judge. You will need to fill out the appropriate form and pay the request fee of $20. If the records are not available at the State Office, they should be available from the Clerk of Superior Court in the district where divorce was granted.

If you are requesting information from another country, this information will be provided at an extra cost and such information will rarely include a certified certificate, merely verifications. You must provide the name of the country in order to receive your verification.

The search fees for copies of all marriage records vary as do the requirements for certain records. You must provide a copy of your ID with a photograph. It is also necessary for you to have a signature on your ID. If you don’t, you should have a copy of your signature notarized to show.

All records are available:
By mail – by sending the fee and necessary information to:
Department of Health and Social Services
Bureau of Vital Statistics
5441 Commercial Boulevard
Juneau, AK 99801

In Person – Any member of the department will be able to assist you.
Electronically – By visiting or similar approved site. Keep in mind some businesses online will charge you for their services.

Questions – Call (907) 465-3391

Leave a Comment